Entegrus Powerlines Inc. is pleased to support the Ontario Power Authority (OPA) in bringing you the FIT / MicroFIT program.
The Feed-In Tariff (FIT) Program provides a simple way for the government to contract for electrical generation. It is simpler because of standardized Program rules and standardized contracts, including a standardized price.
In the context of the proposed Green Energy Act (GEA), a FIT Program will be used to procure renewable energy supply going forward. This means, developers of renewable energy supply projects will receive a FIT contract if they meet all requirements in the FIT Program Rules.
Generally, the Feed-in-Tariff has a number of key attributes:
- Open to various renewable energy supply technologies
- Transmission and distribution-connected projects
- Prices adjusted by technology and project size.
- Prices designed to cover total project cost and provide a 'reasonable rate of return' over a long-term contract (generally about 20 years)
- Promote community and Aboriginal projects
- Aggressive/pro-active transmission & distribution expansion to meet renewable energy growth
- Streamlined environmental and municipal approvals
For More Information Please visit the OPA's Website: http://fit.powerauthority.on.ca or Call their FIT information Line at 1-888-387-3403.
You may also contact the Ontario Power Authority by Email:
For FIT Related Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
For MicroFit Related Questions: email@example.com
See if connection capacity is available at your location:
The following map can be used to determine if connection capacity is available at your location and determine feeder name before submitting your Pre-FIT Consultation or Micro-Generation Connection Application.
Entegrus Powerlines Generation Capacity Map (click to view map)
If you have decided to participate in the FIT/microFIT program, please use the following forms:
Pre-Fit Consultation Application (For use before submitting an application to the OPA)
Micro-Generation Connection Application (For microFIT Projects)
A Contract for Service (for MicroFIT Projects) is required for connection:
Download Contract for Service PDF Version.
Download Contract for Service Microsoft Word Version.
Generation Connection Application (For FIT Projects)
Questions regarding generation in Entegrus Powerlines Inc.'s service territory may be directed to FIT@entegrus.com